• home
Home » , » Man Chokes To Death At Sausage-Eating Competition In Romania

Man Chokes To Death At Sausage-Eating Competition In Romania

A Romanian man was reportedly caught on video choking to death at a sausage-eating competition earlier this month.
The 60-year-old man, whose name was not released, was participating in "Fomilă Plescoi," an eating contest at the 6th Plescoi Sausage Festival on Oct. 5, Opinia reported.
At the four-minute mark in the video, screams can be heard as a crowd and surrounds the choking victim. Eventually, he appears to pass out. Medics say he could have been saved if someone had performed the Heimlich maneuver when he began choking, according to the Opinia. EMTs try to revive him in the video, but aren't successful.
The contest is named after Fomila, a fairytale character known for always being hungry.
Last year, a Florida man choked to death after devouring dozens of live cockroachesat a roach-eating event in Miami. Edward Archbold, 32, was pronounced the winner of the October competition before collapsing. Doctors said that roach body parts obstructed his airway.
The International Federation of Competitive Eating, which was not involved with either contest, has strict rules to prevent these kinds of incidents. According to IFOCE safety standards, all eating competitions must have an emergency medical technician present.


Post a Comment